typing special font characters

Hi,

I've installed the font Doulus SIL Unicode (http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&id=IPAhome). I'd like to use the phonetic IPA fonts.

In openoffice 2.0 the font is listed and I can work with it, but there are many characters missing, which are present in windows.

With fedora core 5 the IPA characters (which are used to write phonetic speech) do not appear in the special character menu. On the other hand with Windows XP, openoffice 2.0 shows theses characters as expected in the special character menu, after I've installed this font.

Documents, which I've created with openoffice 2.0 in windows, which contain some IPA characters of this Doulus SIL font, are perfectly displayed with openoffice 2.0 in Linux. The only problem is, that I cannot type or find any of these characters in any special character menus in Linux.

Do you have any idea, how I can use/type these characters in linux?

thanks in advance

Boris