fc5 and gcc4.1 compiler problems

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Fri May 12 11:22:36 UTC 2006

Johannes Rainer wrote:
> no, i haven't tried that, but now i have ;) thanks to your suggestion,
> but it didn't help. i get the same error. it must have to do with the
> gcc4.1 compiler (or FC5), because on FC4 with the gcc4.0 the same
> package compiles. actually i have also tried to compile it with the
> g++32 instead of the g++, but this also failed.
> any suggestions?

Be careful. gcc and boost are VERY well debugged projects - As long as
you are using the correct compatible versions, it is MUCH more likely
the problem is in your code than in Boost or gcc. Its not impossible you
have found a boost/gcc bug - Just very very unlikely.

Could you post the output you get when you try and compile using the
built in boost libraries/headers (with the gcc line as well).

Chris