Re: fc5 and gcc4.1 compiler problems

Johannes Rainer wrote:
no, i haven't tried that, but now i have ;) thanks to your suggestion, but it didn't help. i get the same error. it must have to do with the gcc4.1 compiler (or FC5), because on FC4 with the gcc4.0 the same package compiles. actually i have also tried to compile it with the g++32 instead of the g++, but this also failed.
any suggestions?

Be careful. gcc and boost are VERY well debugged projects - As long as you are using the correct compatible versions, it is MUCH more likely the problem is in your code than in Boost or gcc. Its not impossible you have found a boost/gcc bug - Just very very unlikely.

Could you post the output you get when you try and compile using the built in boost libraries/headers (with the gcc line as well).

Chris

On 5/12/06, *Markku Kolkka* <markkuk tuubi net <mailto:markkuk tuubi net>> wrote:

    Johannes Rainer kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika perjantai, 12.
    toukokuuta 2006 09:34):
     > g++ -I/usr/local/lib64/R/include -I/usr/local/lib64/R/include
     > -I/usr/local/include  -IboostIncl  -fpic  -g -O2 -c
     > interfaces.cpp -o interfaces.o
     > boostIncl/boost/graph/depth_first_search.hpp: In function
     > 'void boost::depth_first_search(const VertexListGraph&, const
     > boost::bgl_named_params<P, T, R>&) [with VertexListGraph =
     > std::vector<std::vector<long unsigned int, std::allocator<long
     > unsigned int>

    I get the impression that your package uses its own copy of Boost
    headers instead of the FC5 ones. Have you tried installing
    boost-devel and configuring the software to
    use /usr/include/boost instead of "boostIncl"?

    --
    Markku Kolkka
    markku kolkka iki fi <mailto:markku kolkka iki fi>