Madwifi + Livna + FC5

Robert Locke lists at ralii.com
Fri May 12 12:40:38 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 21:52 -0500, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does any one have Madwifi + Livna + FC5 working? I had Madwifi +
> AtRpms + FC4 working, but have had little luck with the more updated
> combination. I am getting a faliure during boot which is too quick to
> read and I have no idea how to recreate.
>
> Merci.
>
> Arthur Pemberton

Mine is working, though I must admit to still just using WEP.  I have
noticed a lot of chatter on the wpa_supplicant package updates related
to madwifi but I'm too cheap to replace the AP at home.  By the way,
this is on a Thinkpad T40 with the Atheros Communications, Inc. AR5211
802.11ab NIC....

I also never tried to get NetworkManager to work, just using s-c-network
to set it up.  I did have to move a line from /etc/modprobe.d/madwifi
to /etc/modprobe.conf to make s-c-network happy, but then I just run
"ifup ath0" when the eth0 has not come up.

HTH,

--Rob