Where things stand

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Sat May 13 15:48:11 UTC 2006

    I loaded Fedora Core 5 after using Fedora Core 2 for a year or 2. It
was an experiance that was not happy. Due to problems I decided to
upgrade to Fedora Core 4 instead. That had it's problems too.

    I d/l my FC4 cd's early after they became available and had the
problem that apps Thunderbird and Firefox would not run on it. I learned
from this list to yum libstdc++.so.5 and then they worked.

    This all has been educational but I must say that Fedora Core 4 and
5 are not for a person who knows little about a computer.

    I wonder if a person d/l FC4 from a mirror today does it have the
lib or is it still missing it?

Karl