Intel Macs & Linux

Hi! I know that iTunes and Quicktime (among others) are popular software from Apple that they refuse to release for linux. Before, we had to depend on wine and the windblows edition of each to have them under linux. Since now Apple OSX (and iTunes and Quicktime) are going to be built under the x86 architecture, wouldn't it be possible to port them to Linux? OSX is really just FreeBSD with some changes; it is even built with GCC. I know that FreeBSD has linux support, can't linux have FreeBSD/OSX-x86 support? Thanks!
-Steven