[OT] Google Trends

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sat May 13 23:12:04 UTC 2006

On 5/13/06, Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu <m3freak at rogers.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-13-05 at 10:11 -0700, Benjamin Franz wrote:
> > The 'climb rate' and 'anti-correlation' of recent popularity moves of
> > Ubuntu vs everyone else (you can see the same effect with Mandriva and
> > Slackware trends, BTW) suggests that Ubuntu has become the preferred major
> > distribution among new users and that it is starting to cannibalize the FC
> > userbase (along with the RH, SUSE, Slackware, Mandriva and Debian
> > userbases).
>
> I've wanted to try out Ubuntu on my desktop for a while.  The only thing
> holding me back is actually making the switch from Fedora Core - I don't
> really want to do it.
>
> I must say Ubuntu has been looking pretty good lately.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ranbir

I'm on Kubuntu now, because I had to do a quick reinstall (no time to
download 4 discs and then babysit the install) and I knew that
reinstalling mp3+ blah blah blah would be too much of a hassle, and it
was a few weeks before FC5 came out. You can see that I'm still loyal
to FC, as I still read the mailing list, but Kubuntu has really
changed my mind about how user-friendly a linux distro could be. And
my wifes. Things Just Work (tm)- mp3's play, my disk-on-key is
recognised. One disk installation (That's only one disk to download.
That's only one disk to give to a potential convert. That's only one
disk to media check.)

Dotan Cohen
http://auto-car.info