moving email from fc4 to fc5 in evolution

Gilboa Davara gilboad at gmail.com
Sun May 14 09:55:38 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-05-13 at 18:18 -0700, Timothy Payne wrote:
> I tried the import but it's only for other programs.  I'm afraid to just
> copy data from my fc4 machine to a new fc5 install on another machine
> and make a big mess.  I have the old data on the new machine in a
> separate directory.  Any suggestions on how and what data to copy over
> would be appreciated, I'm not clear on how Evolution stores data.
>
> Thanks
> Tim...

Hello Tim,

At least me in my experience (and YMMV) Evolution has been fully upgrade
safe.
I've been using it since 1.4.x on RH9/i386 and slowly upgraded it to 2.6
running on FC5/x86_64 without as much as a hiccup. (FC2, FC3 and FC4 on
the way).

I'd suggest you backup the .evolution directory in your home directory
to a CD/USB disk/etc and upgrade.

Gilboa