cdrecord cannot blank CD RW

Dear All

Whenever I try to blank a CD RW, I get the following:

$ cdrecord -v dev=/dev/cdrom blank=fast
Cdrecord-Clone 2.01.01a03-dvd (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C)
1995-2005 Jörg Schilling
NOTE: This version contains the OSS DVD extensions for cdrtools and thus may
     have bugs related to DVD issues that are not present in the original
     cdrtools. Please send bug reports or support requests to
     http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla The original cdrtools author should
     not be bothered with problems in this version.
TOC Type: 1 = CD-ROM
cdrecord: Resource temporarily unavailable. Cannot get mmap for
4198400 Bytes on /dev/zero.
$

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,