Re: cdrecord cannot blank CD RW

Paul Smith wrote:
On 5/14/06, David Timms <dtimms bigpond net au> wrote:

>> > Does it work if you run it as root?
>>
>> Yes, it does.
>
> Notwithstanding, I suppose it should work as user and not only as root.
I found that this happens because the CD is currently (auto)mounted.
 From nautilus the only option is eject. When you put the disc back in,
it gets mounted again :~{

Some kind folks mentioned gnome-umount:
# gnome-umount -d /dev/cdrw
then use your writing tools (eg k3b...)

I am using KDE. Does someone know how to disable automount on KDE?

Paul

So am I, and when kde brings up the what do I do with this window after inserting an audio cd for instance, I just tell it 'nothing', and 'mount' does not currently show it as mounted. I would assume that if it was a writable cd, that I should be able to proceed.

--
Cheers, Gene