ftp transfer status?

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Sun May 14 21:04:22 UTC 2006

On Sun, 14 May 2006, taharka wrote:

> How do,
>
> On Sun, 2006-05-14 at 12:49 -0400, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
>> On Sun, 14 May 2006, Devon Harding wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone?

>> Use a better ftp client?
>
> You sure bout that? I believe man ftp says the "-v" operator yields
> progress of ftp transfers ;-)

It says:

-v     Verbose option forces ftp to show all responses from the  remote
               server, as well as report on data transfer statistics.

I don't know if that means progress bars or post-transfer reports, and I
don't have an FTP server handy to play with.

--
 		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu