Re: scim howto

Fran├žois Patte wrote:

> I try to understand how to configure and use scim but I find only very
> technical documentations for this and I fail in my attemps to use scim....
>
> Is there, somewhere, a *basic* howto with clear examples to get started
> with scim.

AFAIK, the basic howto is in the release notes.

Basically.....

mkdir ~/.xinput.d
ln -s /etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/scim ~/.xinput.d/default

Then logout and login.

FWIW, I use SCIM for input of Korean, Japanese, and Chinese.  So, I can
help you in those areas...and probably with other languages as well.

Ed

--
For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism.
		-- Harrison