Re: FC5, evolution on 90% CPU

On Mon, 15 May 2006 12:31:30 -0400, taharka <res00vl8 alltel net>
opined:
> Howdy,
>
> > turn off mail filtering in Preferences.
> >
> > I have found that to be an issue included failing to kill off
> > some spamd processes even if you quit evolution.
>
> Whoa!! Thanks a billion for that tip. Unchecked junk mail filtering
> here & retrieving new mail is about 100 times faster :-)) Now, I
> wonder what happens to future junk mail?

Completely OT but, if you want FAST and light, try sylpheed-claws from
extras. The more that Evo tries to be LookOut, the less I like it.
--
Our DNSRBL - Eliminate Spam: http://www.TQMcube.com
The Dirty Dozen Spammiest Ranges: http://tqmcube.com/dirty12.php