Re: A Very happy Camper on FC4

On 5/15/06, Robin Laing <Robin Laing drdc-rddc gc ca> wrote:
Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-05-15 at 11:10, Robin Laing wrote:
>
>>I am like you.  The only thing that would make me change quickly now
>>would be encrypted file systems by default.  Also seeing the mail list
>>die because there were no complaints about installing FCx on this type
>>of hardware.
>

> With fedora, the big reason to change is that you'll stop getting
> security updates for your installed version when the 2nd subsequent
> version goes into beta.

But I thought that is what the legacy project was for.  I used FC1 until
last summer when I was between projects.  I will stay with FC4 until I
know I can get a reasonably safe install and the applications I use on a
daily basis are in the repositories.

Yes, I think you're right, that is what the legacy project is there for.

--
To be updated...