A Very happy Camper on FC4

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Mon May 15 19:13:52 UTC 2006

On 5/15/06, Karl Larsen <k5di at zianet.com> wrote:
> Arthur Pemberton wrote:

> >> But I thought that is what the legacy project was for.  I used FC1 until
> >> last summer when I was between projects.  I will stay with FC4 until I
> >> know I can get a reasonably safe install and the applications I use on a
> >> daily basis are in the repositories.
> >>

> > Yes, I think you're right, that is what the legacy project is there for.
> >
>     Well the yum update seemed to have a whole lot of items for FC4,
> like 500 and one upgraded Open Office to version 2.0. It is likely that
> some new thing like a modified Firefox comes over the Internet from
> Firefox direct. And it's no problem at all.
>
>     And my idea of old is sure a longer period than the one used by
> Fedora. I will keep FC4 for several years. There is no reason not to
> since it's doing what I want just fine after initial bugs were yummed out.

You're prefectly right to do so. I was just curious. I am one who
stuck with Windows ME, even when Windows XP was available. I was dual
booting WinME with Fedora till I got a new machine which had XP on it
already. So if it works for you perfectly, there is really not reason
to upgrade.

--
To be updated...