A Very happy Camper on FC4

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Mon May 15 19:30:35 UTC 2006

Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> On 5/15/06, Karl Larsen <k5di at zianet.com> wrote:
>> Arthur Pemberton wrote:

>> now
>> mail list
>> this type

>> until
>> until I
>> use on a
>> >>

>> > Yes, I think you're right, that is what the legacy project is there
>> for.
>> >
>>     Well the yum update seemed to have a whole lot of items for FC4,
>> like 500 and one upgraded Open Office to version 2.0. It is likely that
>> some new thing like a modified Firefox comes over the Internet from
>> Firefox direct. And it's no problem at all.
>>
>>     And my idea of old is sure a longer period than the one used by
>> Fedora. I will keep FC4 for several years. There is no reason not to
>> since it's doing what I want just fine after initial bugs were yummed
>> out.
>>

> You're prefectly right to do so. I was just curious. I am one who
> stuck with Windows ME, even when Windows XP was available. I was dual
> booting WinME with Fedora till I got a new machine which had XP on it
> already. So if it works for you perfectly, there is really not reason
> to upgrade.

    The windows XP was a huge improvement over windows ME which was a
bag of bugs. My wife bought a computer that came with ME. She had
several problems and called a kid who lived down the street but is now
an up an coming Microsoft manager. She called him and he said delete ME
and load the XP Home and you will be happy. She has been but I'm tired
of buying virus programs :-)

Karl