Re: OT: FreeBSD vows to compete with desktop Linux

On 5/15/06, taharka <res00vl8 alltel net> wrote:
Linux may soon have a stronger open-source competitor on the desktop if
FreeBSD's plans come to fruition.

Completely wishful thinking.  I'm sure they're excited about their
product over there in FreeBSD-land, but there is no way they're ever
going to catch up to the marketshare Linux has no matter how feature
rich they are.

I think it's sad, really.  BSD was good stuff back in the day.  It's
still good, but it's like comparing the current Windows + Mac OS
market to the current OS/9 market.  It's simply not possible for
FreeBSD to catch up.

--
Chris

"I trust the Democrats to take away my money, which I can afford.  I
trust the Republicans to take away my freedom, which I cannot."