Re: Confused about new printer installation

2006/5/16, Tim Waugh <twaugh redhat com>:
On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 09:23:05AM +0200, Antonio Montagnani wrote:

> I am confused about a new laser printer to my system.
> 1)If it included in the standard list of FC5 of printer-config, no problem
> 2)but if not on the list what shall I do?? especially in the case that
> linuxprinting.org report that driver is available??

You can download the PPD from linuxprinting.org and import it with
system-config-printer.  Select Actions -> Import PPD from the menu.

Tim.
*/

Tnx Tim

Now it is clear...has anybody succeeded to run a HP 1020?? driver is
available on linuxprinting, but it is not clear to me about firmware :

The firmware of the printer must be uploaded after turning it on. You
can use a hotplug/udev script which comes with foo2zjs, or do it
manually: "cat /usr/share/foo2zjs/firmware/sihp1020.dl >
/dev/usb/lp0".
--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag