Good Bye FC5

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue May 16 15:31:12 UTC 2006

Rex Dieter wrote:
> Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Rex Dieter wrote:

>>> Launch as:
>>> $ artsdsp skype
>
>> That seemed to take even longer to run skype, around a minute, but
>> when I clicked on connect to the echo123 test facility I got this:
>> [root at diablo skype]# artsdsp /usr/share/skype/skype
>> *** glibc detected *** /usr/share/skype/skype: free(): invalid
>> pointer: 0xb593b088 ***
>> Whats next?
>
> You could try
> export GLIBCXX_FORCE_NEW=1
> to see if that helps.

It didn't make any real difference that I could tell:
[root at diablo skype]# export GLIBCXX_FORCE_NEW=1
[root at diablo skype]# artsdsp /usr/share/skype/skype
*** glibc detected *** /usr/share/skype/skype: double free or corruption
(out): 0x093e6bd8 ***

Thats slightly different, but the rest appears very similar.

Is there some other program I could use as a test case for artsdsp?
Something thats know to work correctly 100% of the time?

--
Cheers, Gene