Good Bye FC5

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed May 17 03:19:02 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-05-16 at 16:21 -0500, Russell Golden wrote:
> If I install FC4 from scratch, I get a graphical thing during boot,
> and i have to press one of the buttons to  see what's going on.

Edit your kernel line in the grub.conf file.  Remove "rhgb" and "quiet"
parameters.  The rhgb gets rid of the Red Hat Graphical Boot screen that
you're referring to.  The quiet option *may* show less details while
you're booting up (I haven't noticed a difference, but I've not really
looked hard).

--
(Currently running FC4, in case that's important to the thread)

I read messages from the public lists.