Can't connect to VNC server after update

Stephen Walton stephen.walton at csun.edu
Wed May 17 17:17:06 UTC 2006

I can't believe I'm the only one with this problem but I've searched the
list and no one seems to have hit it.  After the most recent update to
vnc and vncserver (4.1.1-10.1.fc4.i386.rpm), I can no longer connect to
a VNC session on my  FC4 workstation.  Reverting to 4.1.1-10 (the
version originally distributed with FC4) works fine.  I've gone back and
forth several times so I'm sure this is the problem.

A few more details:  I can "telnet workstation 5901" and get the
appropriate response with the new version installed.  But "vncviewer
workstation:1" exits with an "End of stream" message.