k3b won't worn anymore: demands dual layer DVD's

Paul Johnson pauljohn32 at gmail.com
Wed May 17 18:37:05 UTC 2006

Today I had a new problem on 2 different FC5 systems, one laptop, one
desktop.  I fired up k3b and selected 3 gigabytes of content to write,
and when I hit the burn button, k3b said it could not find the media,
and it asked me to insert a dual layer DVD.  For 3Gig of content, that
should not be required.

k3b would allow me to write a disk image and then write that image
onto the single layer DVD.  ITs just "on the fly" mode that seems
screwed up.

Everything on these systems is up to date and I'm using the stock k3b:

$ rpm -q k3b
k3b-0.12.14-0.FC5.2

Have you seen this problem?

--