Gnome PalmPilot sucks!

I spent over an hour with my Palm Z22 pilot and FC4 Gnome setting up Linux to work with my PalmPilot. I am happy to say I got it working as far as Gnome has gone with it. I did luck into the way to take everything out of my device and store a copy of it on my Linux in HOME/MyPilot/. I just did ls and it's all there. I read all the help files and there is no way to READ a file in MyPilot! It's in the code that works with the Palm computer in the device. We have no such reader in Linux.

So I I can't write something difficult on this computer and send it to my Pilot. This is at least 60% of what I do on Windows. So Gmome has a great start but they are not ready yet.

Karl