Re: FC4 And Dlink DWL-G630 WiFi card

On 5/18/06, Tomas Larsson <tomas tlec se> wrote:
Think I found it.

It seems that there is a native linux-driver avaible for this card
As far  as I can tell it is rev E1 card. According to MadWiFi's homepage it
is using a RaLink chipset.
Which seems to be confirmed by the output from lspci.

Now I have downloaded the tar-file (RT61) from RaLinks homepage, but
obviously it is source code.

My question is then, is there anything more to be done, apart from compiling
the driver, do I need to re-configure the kernel or do I need to recompile
it. It is a standard stock FC4 DVD-install.
I guess I need to do a yum update first.
Any recommendations for installing the TAR-file, compiling and installing
the driver would help much.

With best regards

Tomas Larsson
Sweden