Re: my iptables setting not loaded after reboot in fc5

Create by hand an script to load your rules (many of us do that).

You can try FWBuilder (a frontend for iptables).

Regards

Hongwei Li escribió:
First you should set the iptables rules to what you desire. Then you should
save them with

iptables-save > /etc/sysconfig/iptables

and having set the settings I refered to to "yes", the iptables should
survive after a reboot.
It works perfectly with my system. I think the problem is that you
rebooted/restarted
iptables before setting them up, and that's why you don't get any rules now.

-- NO. I did exactly as what you said:
1. set my rules in /etc/sysconfig/iptables

2. edit /etc/sysconfig/iptables-config and set
IPTABLES_SAVE_ON_STOP="yes"
IPTABLES_SAVE_ON_RESTART="yes"

3. run service iptables restart

4. run iptables-save > /etc/sysconfig/iptables
-- after that, I checked the file /etc/sysconfig/iptables, it does have what I
set, the only change is the timestamp.

5. reboot

6. the file /etc/sysconfig/iptables goes to the "oroginal" one and no port is
opened -- all of my settings are gone.

The best way to correct this I guess is through the graphical helper go to
Start->System->Administration->Security Level and Firewall

That is not useful. I discussed with several other people before -- it does
not provide the way to set source IPs.  I will try Firestater.

Hongwei

--
   Samuel Díaz García
    Director Gerente