Good Bye FC5

Steffen Kluge kluge at fujitsu.com.au
Fri May 19 04:38:22 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-18 at 09:39 -0400, Lyvim Xaphir wrote:
> Right on.  There's alot of this disconnect with Gnome "designers" and
> their constituency, which for some reason they don't seem to ask for
> advice. (???)  I would even go so far as to say that this requires a
> large amount of fascism on the part of the "designers"; since in fact
> this is not about user choice, it's about "designer" choice.  That
> smacks of a dictatorship, not a democracy; there's more of ulcer than
> understanding about it.

What on earth gave you the idea that free software development is a
democracy?? If you contribute something valuable you have influence, if
you only hold your hand open you have to take what you're given. No
amount of whining in public mailing lists is going to change that.

Think about it.

Cheers
Steffen.