Re: (fedora) Re: running shell scripts from external USB disk

Karsten wrote on 19-MAY-2006 16:20:35.24
>On Fri, May 19, 2006 at 04:00:07PM +0200, Jacob (=Jouk) Jansen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a FC5 system with an internal disk and a external USB disk withanext3 partition on it. If a shell script (bash,csh etc..) is located on the
> internal drive it works fine. If I copy it to the USB disk I get problems:
> (why????)
[snip]

>Check the output of 'mount' for that device. I'm pretty sure that it has
>been mounted with the 'noexec' flag.
 You are right.
 How to change this? This USB disk is mounted automatically when pluged in.
I cannot edit fstab since than the machine fails to boot when the disk is
not present.

                        Jouk

Bush : All votes are equal but some votes are more equal than others.

  Jouk Jansen

  joukj hrem nano tudelft nl

  Technische Universiteit Delft        tttttttttt  uu     uu  ddddddd
  Kavli Institute of Nanoscience       tttttttttt  uu     uu  dd    dd
  Nationaal centrum voor HREM              tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  Lorentzweg 1                             tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  2628 CJ Delft                            tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  Nederland                                tt      uu     uu  dd    dd
  tel. 31-15-2782272                       tt       uuuuuuu   ddddddd