FC5, evolution on 90% CPU

taharka res00vl8 at alltel.net
Fri May 19 14:47:38 UTC 2006

How do,

On Mon, 2006-05-15 at 11:16 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-05-15 at 12:31 -0400, taharka wrote:
> > Whoa!! Thanks a billion for that tip. Unchecked junk mail filtering here
> > & retrieving new mail is about 100 times faster :-)) Now, I wonder what
> > happens to future junk mail?

OK, future junk mail is now received in the "Inbox" (finally received
some).

> ----
> after things have settled down, you can probably turn it back on. It's
> likely that something has happened to you user bayes db.

Turning back on produces no change.

> That's why I find it helpful to kill off any spamd processes that seem
> to linger after I close evolution. You can try moving your user
> spamassassin settings... 'mv $HOME/.spamassassin $HOME/.spamassassin.bak
> and then launching evolution again and then turn on junk mail filtering.

Tried this, turned junk filtering on again & a new "$HOME/.spamassassin"
was created. Retrieving new mail is even slower than before :-(

> In the end, I just shut it off since I do have spamassassin running on
> my mail server and though having my own user bayes db seemed to pick up
> some more via the training within Evolution, eventually it became a
> nightmare.

I've shut it off again & new mail retrieval is once again speedy :-) I
may have to leave it off unless any one has any suggestions?

> Craig

taharka

Lexington, Kentucky U.S.A.