Re: Exhanging files with XP ?

Thank you all for making me note that mistake.

any way it was working i wonder why :)

i will fix the error.

By the way, how do i make that all that space on the vfat disk belong to a specific user? and maybe be mounted on his home directory?

regards,
Guillermo.

oldman wrote:
Dan wrote:

oldman wrote:

Guillermo Garron wrote:

Hi,

I did the same thing,

here is my fstab file

hope this helps you.

/dev/hdb3 /media/e_drive vfat rw,defaults,umask=0007 0 0 uid=[user] guid=[group]

should be:
/dev/hdb3 /media/e_drive vfat rw,defaults,umask=007,uid=[user], guid=[group] 0 0

Scott

Actually there shouldn't be any space between "rw" and "guid=", a space will tell it that it is two different fields, when all of those should in fact be in one field.
-Dan

   Oops!  Caught me pasting again!
   Thanks Dan

   Scott

Miata Red wrote:

While running XP I have created a FAT32 partition with the intention of saving files to share between XP and FC.

When I run FC I cannot open the drive, the FAT32 - Permission Denied...

How can I set permissions properly ?

Thanks.

Denis