Re: Exhanging files with XP ?

On 5/20/06, Guillermo Garron <ggarron alketech com> wrote:
Hi,
Can you give us an example please?
thanks,

Guillermo.
Vivek J. Patankar wrote:
> On 5/20/06, David Fletcher <fc fletchersweb net> wrote:
>> This seems to do what I want it to:-
>> /dev/sda5 /mnt/WindowsData vfat rw,defaults,umask=007,uid=dave 0 0
>> So far as I know, you can put the mount point anywhere you like,
>> including in
>> a home directory.
>
> umask will give the same default permissions for files and
> directories, which means file that are not supposed to have execute
> permissions will have them. Try fmask & dmask instead.

It's the same as umask, except fmask applies only to files and dmask
only to directories.

/dev/sda5 /mnt/WindowsData vfat rw,defaults,dmask=007,fmask=117,uid=dave 0 0

The above modification to David's fstab entry should do the trick.

--
Regards
Vivek

Registered Linux User #374218