Lost video suddently during boot up - FC5

Barry Yu barryyu-cts at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 20 14:23:09 UTC 2006

I set the video resolution above 1024x780 (don't recall exactly how much), it is a crt monitor, reboot, and the system starting in text mode first (log before log in screen), just has finished the Starting udev [ok], suddently the video is gone, sooner the monitor displayed video out of range message. Apparantly I have the reset the resolution of display!
  How can I use the resue cd to boot into shell so that I can edit the XF86Config to reset the resolution? I never use the rescue cd to boot into shell before, no idea how to proceed the steps. Thanks for helping.