Re: FC4 - Evolution 2.2 - Gmail

Alastair McKinley wrote:
Hi everyone,

I just got a Gmail account and I would like to use it from within Evolution 2.2 alongside my university IMAP account.

I can get it to work ok with POP, however all the messages get downloaded into the "On this computer" folder rather than into a seperate account folder. Anyone know how to create a new folder in evolution 2.2 for my gmail account?

Best regards and thanks,

Alastair
Hi I don't know how to use Evolution and I use Thunderbird also for Linux, and I just pop the gmail to the normal account and then I use a filter that puts it in the directory gmail off of my inbox. It works fine. I have not figured out how to use my gmail address for outgoing mail from Thunderbird. But it should be possible on both clients I think.

Karl