Re: beagle not updating data

Rob Brown-Bayliss wrote:
Hi,  I noticed when searching for something that a conversation I had
in Gaim last night should have turned up, but it did not.

Testing buy searching for recent email it appears to have stoped
updating it's database 4 days ago.  beagld is running, so any clues as
to what has happened?

In general, check your logs under ~/.beagle/Log to see if there is anything interesting.

You should also enable extended attributes (tells beagle when a file changes so beagle knows to reindex it) if you have not already done so. Info here:

http://www.antezeta.com/beagle-fedora.html#attributes

Finally, it is almost always wise to use the latest beagle / libbeagle / mono updates.

If you don't have a lot of data, you could stop beagle, remove the .beagle directory (contains indexes, configuration and logs), and restart beagled. (You may want to back-up your configuration file if you have personalized it).

- Sean Carlos