Re: Error 15: File not found after FC 5 Install

On Sun, 21 May 2006 19:56:40 -0700
Peter Gordon <peter thecodergeek com> wrote:

> Maybe it's just me, but that looks like a Fedora Core 1 install, not
> Core 5.

I think he has the same problem that I had earlier with upgrading a machine
from FC 4 to FC5.  He's upgrading from FC1 to FC5, and the installer didn't
update his grub.conf file to point to the new kernel.

To fix this, boot from the cd and select rescue mode.  Edit grub.conf to point
to the FC5 kernel that is installed on the hard drive.  Reboot as normal and
all will be well.

--
MELVILLE THEATRE ~ Melville Sask ~ http://theatre.sasktelwebsite.net