Re: Error 15: File not found after FC 5 Install

Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 23:16:19 -0600
From: Frank Cox <theatre sasktel net>
Subject: Re: Error 15: File not found after FC 5 Install
To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list redhat com>

On Sun, 21 May 2006 23:16:19 -0600
Frank Cox <theatre sasktel net> wrote:

> I think he has the same problem that I had earlier with upgrading a machine
> from FC 4 to FC5.  He's upgrading from FC1 to FC5, and the installer didn't
> update his grub.conf file to point to the new kernel.
>
> To fix this, boot from the cd and select rescue mode.  Edit grub.conf to
> point to the FC5 kernel that is installed on the hard drive.  Reboot as
> normal and all will be well.

That is exactly what the problem was, this occurred after an upgrade from
FC1 to FC5.  I edited grub.conf to point to the FC5 kernel and it booted up
OK.  Thanks to you and Peter for your assistance.

I encountered 2 other issues after system booted, but I'll research them
first and if necessary open new threads for them.

Thanks again.