Mailing list software

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Mon May 22 13:53:09 UTC 2006

On Monday, May 22nd 2006 at 05:43 -0400, quoth Paul Michael Reilly:

=>Is there a consensus on what mailing list software to use on Fedora?
=>Left to my own devices I would probably use MajorDomo but figured it
=>was worth asking if a another choice might be better.  The intent is
=>to set up self subscribing CVS notifications email lists for various
=>software modules.  A web interface would be nice.
=>
=>Thanks,
=>
=>-pmr

I have to give a plug for Majordomo2, not to be confused with Majordomo.
Mj2 is a total rewrite from scratch. Mj has not has a lick of support
since '95? Mj2 has a very nice web interface. I have been using it for
years. It has an object oriented system of configuration. Check it out at

http://www.mj2.org

If run a number of lists which you can look at if you like

http://steveo.syslang.net/cgi-bin/mj_wwwusr

Probably the only list that might be of interest would be man-bytes-dog
but at least you can see what it smells like.

steveo at syslang.net