Re: Mailing list software

On Mon, 2006-05-22 at 10:38, Paul Michael Reilly wrote:
>  >
>  > See also: http://www.jwz.org/doc/mailman.html :-) It does raise some
>  > interesting points to consider before leaping head first into it.
>
> Excellent post.  This was fascinating.  I expect that Jamie's comments
> spawned an interesting thread.  I'll have to hunt for it.

It's kind of meaningless to people who haven't been brainwashed
by majordomo's way of doing things...

> Any other Fedora User who prefers Smartlist care to address the
> current state of Mailman vs Smartlist?

I used smartlist long ago for a newletter distribution and the
one thing that I could see as an advantage in some circumstances
is that smartlist keeps the address list in a simple text file
that is easier to manipulate directly than the mailman db's.
Sometimes you want to just replace the whole thing and the
mailman web interface can be painful for that.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com