Re: Problem installing FC5 on Asus P5RD1-VM based system

John Finlay wrote:
The problem I have is with the on board ATI Xpress 200 video. When anaconda tries to start up X the display is color hashed. I eventually installed using the text install but I can't get the networking to work properly and most of the setup utils require X. I tried installing the ATI proprietary driver but it doesn't work with Xorg7.

The solution to my problem was to boot using:

linux vesa

This seems to force use of the vesa driver that seems to work fine with the ATI Radeon Xpress 200. It also sets vesa as the X driver for the installed system.

John