two problems with fedora core 5

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Thu May 25 00:46:11 UTC 2006

On 5/24/06, S. Cesaretti <s.cesaretti at all4linux.net> wrote:
> Hi list,
> I have two probms with fc5.
> First of all, today, while I'm working with fedora core 5 in text mode
> I saw this strange message and I don't understand what happened.
> kernrel: audit(1148491610.132:2): avc: denied {search } for pid=2975
> comm="df" name="media" dev=sda8 ino=915713
> scontext=system_u:system_r:logwatch_t:s0 tcontext=system_u:object_r
> :mnt_t:s0 tclass=dir
>
> and then  I found the same message in the /var/log/messages file.
> Second, i tried to update the kernel after that problem but
> I don't understand how many version exists of the
> 2.6.16  because I already
> updated the 2.6.16 some weeks ago.
> did I made one mistake to do this update?
> Thanks in advance for all information.
> best regards.
> Sauro
>
> --

If this isn't causing you any lost of functionality, then everything
is just fine. You seem to have what is called SELinux enabled. You may
want to read up a bit on it here.
http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/selinux-faq/

In reference to the numerous kernels, there have just been numerous
updates of late. All I can say is try and stay up-to-date.

Good luck, peace.

--
To be updated...