Re: Why are there two sshd processes when I log into my computer?

Knute Johnson wrote:
When I log in remotely to my FC5 box two sshd processes with usually consecutive pids are created? The original sshd process is still there too.

I'm guessing... but one is serving you as you're logged on, the other is
waiting for another possible connection.