Re: Problem with grub & new kernel

sasa wrote:
> "Ed Greshko" wrote:
>
>> Can you boot the other kernel?
>
> yes, with other kernel I haven't problems.

Strange....

Well, the only thing that comes to mind is you may have a badly built
initrd for the kernel.  The initrd will contain the drivers needed to
access you HD.  I recall having a problem (2 years or so ago) where my
initrd failed to include the 3ware driver for my SATA drives.

What kind of hard drives do you have?  With that info, I would boot to
the working kernel, copy the initrd file to /tmp and rename it to add
.gz.  Then gunzip it and use cpio to list the contents.

Ed

--
Keep your laws off my body!