Re: Mplayer works but...

Karl Larsen wrote:
Yesterday I got Mplayer on FC4 working just fine. The yum took some time but it comes right up. I got a small DVD from a guy running for office. It's on a regular cd. I was able to view that with Mplayer.

So I decided to try a commercial DVD I bought and it does not play. I know I got the 0th part loaded and it tries to play but I never get a picture. Is this some stupid thing they put on a DVD to foil those who are able to copy the DVD? Is there a fix?

Karl

You are missing the DeCSS stuff.  These two links should help.

http://techpubs.sgi.com/library/dynaweb_docs/linux/usr/HOWTO/Fedora-Multimedia-Installation-HOWTO.html

http://stanton-finley.net/fedora_core_4_installation_notes.html

--
Robin Laing