Re: FC4 -> FC5

On 5/26/06, Alastair McKinley <amckinley03 googlemail com> wrote:
> "Kaushal Shriyan" <kaushalshriyan gmail com> writes:
> INSTALL yum-2.6.1-0.fc5, which you can download from the net, and then
> yum upgrade

I am currently thinking about upgrading from FC4 - FC5 on my thinkpad T43.
I like the sound of the yum upgrade option.  Are there any potential
pitfalls one should know about with particular applications for instance?
Has anyone any positive/negative experience of this?

I upgraded my Vaio FS640/W when FC5 was released.  It's pretty solid
now.  Evolution with MS Exchange doesn't want to work consistently,
but that has never been what I would call stable.  I have one
outstanding issue: I cannot wake from S3 sleep.  This used to Just
Work with FC4.

--
Garry Williams +1 678 656-4579