localhost kernel: Disabling IRQ #11 ???

At the risk of exposing my ignorance, what can this mean?

Message from syslogd localhost at Fri May 26 20:20:21 2006 ...
localhost kernel: Disabling IRQ #11

I keep getting these popping up on my screen, only the IRQ # tends to vary.
I´ve never seen this kind of behaviour before.
(Although I am far from anything like a linux expert or seasoned guru (as you likely guessed), I have been using Linux, and ONLY linux, on my machines since, hmmm...RedHat 7.0...
What was that, 2000?)

tony

--
Anthony Baldwin
Translator / Court Qualified Interpreter / Certified English Teacher

http://www.baldwinlinguas.com
English, Français, Español & Português
860-399-7118 / 860-235-8233