making /dev/sda always the same permissions

Hi! Whenever I plug in my USB stick or mp3 player I can mount it, but I
can't directly access the device without changing the permissions. I use
Fedora 5. When I plug it in, /dev/sda appears and its permissions are
read-write for root, and nothing for group (disk) or anybody else. I
haven't a clue how to fix udev to use read-write for everybody. Is there
an easier way? Thanks!
-Steven