Re: yumex repeatedly upgrading openoffice.org-core-2.0.2-5.11.2 and accompanying files

On 5/27/06, Todd Zullinger <tmz pobox com> wrote:

Rob Brown-Bayliss wrote:
> On 5/25/06, Gene Heskett <gene heskett verizon net> wrote:
>
>>Any Idea why?
>
> no idea, but it would be nice if the larger packages, like OO were not
> updated after every minor bug fix?

And some would complain if they weren't because they need something
about the newer point release, a bug fix, feature or whatever.  ;)

Couldn't you just exclude openoffice in your yum config and not get
bothered with the updates?

I probably could, but I have better things today, so I just update it any way...

Maybe yum could be modified and packages could have some way of
grading updates?  You know, some updates might be very important from
a security or stability point of view, while others might be some
where in between a minor change and a major change?

I am sure it could be, but weather it is really a good idea or not is
for the developers to decide.

--
Rob