Re: fc5 hangs

Two days in a row my fc5 computer has frozen soon after I start using it in the morning.

[snip]

However, I have more information about the problem. I think I misdiagnosed the problem... it appears that the mouse/keyboard are not completely unresponsive... they're are just responding extremely slowly. I ssh'd into my work computer (the one that is "hanging" every day) from home last night. This morning before I came to work, I tried to do a little work from my ssh session. And it was messed up too! Things were running very slowly.

[snip]

My fc5 system hasn't "hung" in 5 days, so I'm hoping that something
that I've tried has fixed it. Still too soon to tell for sure I guess, but here's
what I've tried:

yum -y update
(It was already up to date as of about 10 days ago, but I updated again).

Disabled the following services:
acpid
apmd
avahi-daemon
bluetooth
cpuspeed
hidd
irqbalance
isdn

Removed the following from cron.daily:
prelink
beagle-crawl-system

I'm hoping that one of these things fixed the problem.

         David