pppd missing?

Robert Spanton rspanton at gmail.com
Mon May 29 11:03:29 UTC 2006

> FC5?
yes

> ppp-2.4.3-6.2.1 is there....
Well, that's what I originally thought! But after removing the ppp
package (for various reasons) I now want to reinstall it.

I ran yum install ppp. It came back telling me "No Match for argument: ppp".

I've browsed the repository manually, and can't find any packages
called "ppp" - I've looked in core, updates and extras.

Then I ran "yum provides pppd". This returned a few packages, but none
of them contained the pppd binary. They were mostly man pages etc.

So, everything I've looked at seems to indicate that the ppp package
has disappeared somehow, or that it was never in the repositories and
only existed on the install cd.

Rob