Re: Picasa on FC4 seems good

On Monday 29 May 2006 09:32, wwp <subscript free fr> wrote:

> > I ran it on FC5, and it worked pretty well. Unfortunately, when I went
> > into full screen mode, something went wrong and X hung. Killing picasa
> > didn't make any difference and I had to restart X.
> >
> > I much prefer f-spot.
>
> Ah also, when in slide show mode, pictures are ugly (obviously badly
> resized+blur effect or a very bad algo), until I click to get the slide
> show bar, then the picture shows nice (as expected). Back to slide show
> running mode and pictures are horrible.

Most of the problems you will see are the result of the program using Wine to
achieve Linux compatibility.  It isn't running natively, and it certainly
isn't built against the same toolkits as other Fedora Core packages.  You are
more likely to see glitches and performance degradation than you would be
with native tools.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 n-man com