Re: Function Keys Not Working

Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:
Em Quinta 25 Maio 2006 15:40, Lovell Mcilwain escreveu:

Has anyone been able to figure out a way to bypass the laptop function
keys not working?  I want to be able to send my laptop vga signal to my
monitor but using fn + f8 doesn't seem to work (as well as a bunch of
the other function keys).

There are many ways to workaround this. Most of them involve modifying kxb
configuration. In my notebook and in my home desktop (which has an internet
keyboard with many extra keys), I've done the following:
1. Use xev to get the scancodes or the non-working keys. Execute xev in a
graphical console and press the keys. Two events will be generated for each
key press: one on key down and another on key up. You will see the key code
in both of them. (*)

I'm having trouble learning to use XEV.  Is there a place that gives clear documentation on it?