Re: SOLVED: FC5 Install SCSI adapter not detected

***SOLVED***
When I booted the install, used the command line:  "linux noprobe".  Then during install, I got a list of devices to choose from.  The buslogic driver was in the list.

Thanks all,

Mark

On 5/29/06, Joel Jaeggli <joelja darkwing uoregon edu> wrote:
neidorff wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> (Currently running FC3.)  1.7GHz Athlon, 1Gb RAM, buslogic SCSI controller
> with 2 17Gb scsi drives.  Created and checked CDs.  Started FC5 install,
> but
> SCSI controller is not recognized and module not loaded. (My ide disk is
> recognized, but I want to install on the SCSI disk)  How can I get the FC5
> install started with my SCSI controller recognized.  (If it matters, yes, I
> did a google search and searched the archives here and couldn't find any
> help.)

Which buslogic scsi controller is this?

buslogic was aquired by mylex in 96 which was swallowed by lsi in 99 so
I'm imagining this is a fairly old controller.

The FC5 buslogic driver appears to be the same, since it hasn't had much
reason to change:

BusLogic SCSI Driver Version 2.1.16 of 18 July 2002